« 'The National Parks': Ken Burns' WORST idea | Main | I can't bleepin' believe she said that on 'Saturday Night Live' »

Screen Gems: TV the week of September 27

Dexter (9 p.m. Sunday, Showtime) -- In this economy, seems like everybody's got to do more with less, and Dexterserial killers aren't any exception. So it is that as he begins his fourth season, South Florida's one-man-butcher shop Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall) is not just a police technician by day and a serial killer by night -- he's now a husband and a daddy as well. And, oh yeah, FBI agent Frank Lundy (Keith Carradine) is back in town, nosing around. Man, talk about multitasking.

The Cleveland Show (8:30 p.m. Sunday, Fox) -- If you like Fox's seriously twisted adult cartoon Family Guy, you'll love this spinoff. And if you hate Family Guy -- well, you get the picture.

Californication (10 p.m. Sunday, Showtime) -- Washed-up novelist Hank Moody (David Duchovny) boinked 85 percent of the women in greater Los Angeles during the first two seasons of this hilarious but absolutely filthy comedy. In season three, Hank's become a college professor. Oh my, there go the other 15 percent. Joining the cast this season: Kathleen Turner as a fading Hollywood agent.

Hank (8 p.m. Wednesday, ABC) -- Kelsey Grammer is back as a hard-driving CEO whose corporation has been shot from under him. Which makes him realize he's got a wife and kids at home and no money in the bank, and neither situtation is working out very well.

The Middle (8:30 p.m. Wednesday, ABC) -- Yet another sitcom about a harried couple with kids who are either slackers or oddballs or both, . . . but this one's got Patricia Heaton, one of the funniest people in television, as the mom.

A Night at the Movies: Thrillers  (8 p.m. Friday, Turner Classic Movies) -- From Rear Window to Psycho, from The Boys in Brazil to Valkyrie, this documentary looks at 'em all.

Superfetch (8 p.m. Saturday, Animal Planet) -- Nutball pet trainer Zak George, whose comic animal videos are all over YouTube these days, shows how to teach an old dog some very new tricks, including making the bed and opening a can of beer. A bunch of the dogs are from Miami, so maybe George will start with some simpler stuff, like getting elected to public office.

Comments

Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

The comments to this entry are closed.

-
 
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Copyright | About The Miami Herald | Advertise