WEBMD LAUNCHES NEW ‘HEALTHY PETS’ SITE
New York, NY (October 27, 2009) - WebMD Health Corp. the leading source of health information, today announced the launch of the WebMD Healthy Pets site on WebMD.com, providing pet owners with the latest health and wellness information to help their pets live healthier lives.
WebMD Healthy Pets helps owners care for their cats and dogs with veterinarian-reviewed information on pet diet and nutrition, behavior and training, and preventive care. A new WebMD Healthy Pets online newsletter, as well as interactive slideshows, videos and expert blogs assist owners with daily decisions for their pet’s well-being. WebMD Healthy Pets also focuses on the human health benefits of owning a pet, such as lower blood pressure and less anxiety, as well as the impact pets can have on health conditions such as allergies and asthma.
Over 60 million unique visitors come to WebMD each month as their trusted source of health information to better manage the health and well-being for themselves and their families. More than 75% of the WebMD audience are pet owners who also care for the health of their pet. WebMD’s comprehensive pet wellness information allows owners to take an active role in managing their pet’s health, to help reduce unnecessary expenses and provide the best care possible.
“WebMD Healthy Pets provides pet owners with reliable health news and information on topics ranging from general wellness to disease—for all stages of a pet’s life,” said Nan-Kirsten Forte, Executive Vice President, Consumer Services, WebMD. “Pet owners who already trust WebMD for health and wellness information for their families now have WebMD’s veterinarian-reviewed pet information to help them care for their pets.”
WebMD Healthy Pets includes:
- Dog and cat diet and nutrition information based on age, activity level and health conditions.
- Pet care with advice on daily and routine preventative care and grooming, training and behavior tips, and articles and health information on caring for puppies and kittens.
- Dog and cat medical symptom and condition information to help owners care for pets with health conditions.
- Information and news on the human health benefits of owning a pet.
- Veterinarian-reviewed in-depth dog and cat health news and information.
- Videos and interactive slide shows on caring for cats and dogs.
- A veterinarian-led online pet community to share pet owner experiences and tips with other dog and cat owners.
- Veterinarians specializing in cats and dogs answer popular questions on topics ranging from care to wellness.
- A new “Healthy Pets” online newsletter with tips on behavior and health topics for cats and dogs.
WebMD Health Corp. (Nasdaq: WBMD) is the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and health-focused publications. WebMD Health Corp. is a subsidiary of HLTH Corporation (Nasdaq: HLTH). Approximately 60 million unique visitors access the WebMD Health Network each month.
The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, eMedicine Health, RxList and theHeart.org.