Customers at the Miami Beach Wild Oats might have thought the seafood department was doing in-house fish smoking this afternoon.
Turns out, the gray smoke wafting through the store was unintentional. A small electrical fire somehow ignited inside the fish display. A store manager sprayed a fire extinguisher on the disturbance.
Shoppers continued pushing their carts down the aisles, although several did so while covering their mouths and noses with their shirts.
I would have snapped a cellphone picture (the one above is from the web), but I was too preoccupied with the sad fact that salmon no longer figured into my dinner plans.