« I bet you would | Main | Lamberti goes hard-core for abuse victims »

Simpson jury foreman speaks to The Herald (UPDATED)

85413391a2aa47748196b530407ace72 We were the first (and, so far, only) media outlet to interview one of the jurors who convicted O.J. Simpson and a co-defendant of armed robbery and kidnapping this weekend in Las Vegas.

I spoke with Paul Connelly, the jury foreman, on Saturday afternoon about the case, the closed-door deliberations and the verdict.

We'll be posting the story and the exclusive interview later tonight at MiamiHerald.com. (UPDATE: Here it is.)

A snippet: Connelly said jurors debated Simpson's role first, reaching unanimous guilty decisions on each count, before finding the same conclusions for co-defendant C.J. Stewart.

They decided to press on through the night Friday because they were close to a verdict and did not want to risk having a juror be tainted or not show up if deliberations carried over the next day.

"That's not to say we rushed it," Connelly told The Miami Herald. "We wanted to make dang sure in our
hearts that the verdict was pertaining to the charges and evidence and laws in this case."

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d83451b26169e201053536301e970b

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Simpson jury foreman speaks to The Herald (UPDATED):

Comments

Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

The comments to this entry are closed.

-
 
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Copyright | About The Miami Herald | Advertise