One in southern Illinois did, and instead of rolling out the welcome mat, they sent dozens from the health department running to the bathroom.
"I'm telling you, it got me down,'' the head of the department, Phyllis Wells, told the Associated Press. "I about passed out and everything else. It's not been funny. It's taken the punch out of my whole Christmas.''
Though it hasn't been determined for sure, the likely cause of the malaise was diced ham from the salad bar. About 42 of the 72 people there had stomach problems after eating from the buffet.
"It's just my luck,'' Wells said of the situation. "Usually, it's our job to investigate other things. But us getting sick is ironic.''