The football season that was interrupted at the worst possible time for the Miami Dolphins by a fricken bye weekend is back on today as the team on a one-game winning streak returns to the field against the San Diego Chargers.
Today will determine some important things:
1. Are the Dolphins for real or was that victory over New England a mirage? Understand that Miami doesn't have to win to prove it is for real. Give the Chargers all they can handle and the Dolphins will earn some believers.
2. Can Miami beat a team with an actual quarterback? Phillip Rivers is rated No. 2 in the NFL among QBs.
3. How well does the Dolphin Stadium sod drain and hold up after getting soaked and trampled Saturday during the UM-FSU inundation. I remind you, in case you didn't watch the game or read this blog the past several weeks, the baseball infield is finally gone. We have a football field again!
[UPDATE: The field looks great! It's painted and it's dry.]
4. What fanciful tweaks to the Wildcat package have the Dolphins made with two weeks to prepare?
5. Does the package work in the NFL when the other team has time to prepare for it?
Anyway, I'm looking forward to today's live blog. I will also be on radio at 790-AM and 790theticket.com if you're outside South Florida, from 11-1 p.m. Listen, call, talk, whatev. I'll meet you in the comments section after kickoff.