The video below of Peyton Manning throwing the football in a workout has hit the web and ESPN. It is sold as a video of Manning on Friday throwing at Duke University.
1. Manning has indeed been confirmed to be at Duke these past few days.
2. There is zero confirmation this is the Duke field or that the video is from yesterday, although ESPN ran with it as if it is legitimate.
3. The video was obviously taken without Manning's permission thus the poor and apparent undercover nature of it. It is only 27 seconds long. Can you say surreptitious?
4. If the video is legit, it shows Manning does have the ability to move fairly well.
5. If the video is legit, it shows Manning does have the ability to throw deeper patterns as one of his passes goes a good 50 yards.
6. Manning looks good but not great in the video. His drop is not quick. His spirals are all not tight.
7. The velocity on Manning's out throw is very good.
So that's a glimpse of what Manning is doing, assuming the video taken in secret is legitimate. That is a big assumption. I believe the grain of salt approach is best here.
Props to reader Michael Heck for passing the video along.