« Pouncey to miss second consecutive game | Main | Live blog: Dolphins vs. Panthers »

Ted Wells: Initial round of interviews are over

NFL investigator Ted Wells, looking into the Jonathan Martin-Richie Incognito saga, released this statement on Saturday night:

"We have concluded our initial round of interviews with the Miami Dolphins and spent time with every player and coach, as well as key staff members and management. Our work will continue over the next few weeks. I want to thank Stephen Ross, the Dolphins organization and its players, coaches and staff for their complete cooperation throughout this process."

Every player and coach?

Wow.

It has been so far known that Wells talked at length with Incognito, center Mike Pouncey and offensive line coach Jim Turner.

It is surprising he says he's spoken to every Dolphins player and coach.

Also, this statement suggests there might be another round of interviews and the investigation might last  a "few weeks" more.

The NFL placed no timetable on the Wells investigation.

I've been told Ted Wells's interiew with offensive line coach Jim Turner took approximately two hours. His interview with with most players lasted approximately 15 minutes but the interviews with Richie Incognito took more than five hours over two days and the interview with center Mike Pouncey took more than an hour, although a source declined to give the exact amount of time.

I reported last week Pouncey and Turner were of particular interest in this investigation.

Jonathan Martin's attorney alleged his cliented endured a malicious physical attack on him by a teammate, and that attack was the topic of repeated questions of Pouncey and others. The Herald's Barry Jackson reported the alleged attack happened at Pouncey's home in 2012.

As I reported Saturday afternoon, Pouncey will not play against Carolina on Sunday.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2013/11/statement-from-jonathan-martin-attorney-here.html#storylink=cpy

Comments