It's Sunday night -- do you know where your playwrights are? For eight South Florida writers, the answer is that they're somewhere in the regal elegance of the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables, sweating bullets.
By Monday at 8 p.m., those currently-in-process short plays will be in front of the audience at this year's 24-Hour Theatre Project, the Naked Stage's popular annual fundraiser and theater community bonding experience. Right now, the plays are still swirling around in the playwrights' heads, making the transition into their laptops. But thanks to the luck-of-the-draw ceremony that took place at GableStage earlier tonight, the playwrights now have their titles, directors and casts.
If you go to the one-and-only performance at GableStage Monday evening, here's what you'll see:
* Mermaids in the Attic by Andie Arthur, directed by Dan Kelley, featuring Troy Davidson, Hunter McConnell, Julie Kleiner and Shane Tanner.
* The Peanut Butter Conspiracy by Christopher Demos-Brown, directed by Michael Leeds, featuring Jim Ballard, Oscar Cheda, Tracey Barrow-Schoenblatt and Matthew William Chizever.
* Pontius Co-Pilot by Christopher De Paola, directed by Skye Whitcomb, featuring Anne Chamberlain, George Schiavone, Mcley Lafrance and Karen Stephens.
* Myth America by Tony Finstrom, directed by Avi Hoffman, feautring Sally Bondi, Patti Gardner, Amy Miller Brennan and Andy Quiroga.
* Goldfish Don't Bounce by Michael McKeever, directed by Andy Rogow, featuring Lela Elam, Wayne LeGette, Arielle Hoffman and Adam Simpson.
* Pieces of LIsa by Stuart Meltzer, directed by Amy London, featuring Clay Cartland, David Perez-Ribada, Dan Leonard and Nicholas Richberg.
* Satan's Cheerleaders by Marjorie O'Neill-Butler, directed by Nicole Stodard, featuring Meredith Bartmon, Sabrina Lynn Gore, Dave Corey and Amy McKenna.
* Splintered by Juan C. Sanchez, directed by Hugh Murphy, featuring Alex Alvarez, Noah Levine, Clive Cholerton and Barbara Sloan.
You can be a part of the first and only audience to see the world premieres of these eight new plays, which open and close Monday at GableStage in the Biltmore, 1200 Anastasia Ave., Coral Gables. Tickets are $35 ($50 for a reserved VIP seat and a souvenir poster). Call 1-866-811-4111 or visit the Naked Stage web site for tickets.