Looks like there are a quite a few hockey fans within the tri-county area (and surprisingly, no one got the question wrong!)
Anyway, new trivia question to pop on here tomorrow morning, don't forget to check back in. Want to play the game? Scroll down one spot or just click here.
As was the case last year, we're going to have our weekly "Ask a Panther" segment in Sunday's paper and online. If you have something you would like to ask any of the Panthers -- including the coach and the GM -- please email me your question at grichards@MiamiHerald.com.
Make sure you give me your first and last name and the city you live in; you do not have to live in South Florida for this one. Will try and score some Panther caps or T-shirts to mail out for each winning question. That's like 40 t-shirts or caps!
-- I spent my day off at One Herald Plaza, getting some laptop work done but getting a big head start on our NHL preview. Sarah Rothschild covered practice for me today. Nothing much to report, not much changed since yesterday's report.
-- Panthers practice at Incredible Ice at 11 on Friday; 11:30 on Saturday. Tried to get Peter to cancel Saturday's practice so everyone could enjoy the Miami-FSU game properly, but he's a Michigan guy and told me in no uncertain terms to take a hike.
Actually, he may be a Michigan State guy. And he hasn't told me to take a hike.
-- Instead, the Panthers will take Sunday off and enjoy the Dolphins-Chargers blackout (which isn't official yet).
FROM THE PANTHERS COUNTDOWN CREW
PANTHERS ON THE AIR
- Thursday, Oct. 2 – Bill Lindsay on 790 The Ticket with Jonathan Zaslow between 7-8 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 3 – G Craig Anderson on NBC-6 Morning Show.
- Saturday, Oct. 4 – Panthers Unrestricted on 790 The Ticket hosted by Randy Moller from 9-10 a.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 4 – Randy Moller to be on ESPN Radio 760 at 10:30 a.m.
PANTHERS HYUNDAI CARAVAN TOUR
- Tuesday, Oct. 7 – Faceoff Luncheon at Woodfield Country Club in Boca Raton
- Friday, Oct. 10 – Panthers vs. Carolina ‘Watch Party’ at the Billiards Club in the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.