SHARON, Pa. -- Driving to Buffalo with Sr. Harvey and figured I would share this release from the Panthers Foundation.
Happy Festivus everyone!
-- -- -- --
The Florida Panthers Foundation announced today that Cats players Bryan McCabe, Marty Reasoner and Jason Garrison will host a special holiday dinner for more than 50 underprivileged children from SOS Children’s Villages and Family Central of Broward County on Wednesday, Dec. 29 at 6:30 p.m. at the Saveology.com Iceplex in Coral Springs.
Dinner will be provided by Giovanni’s Coal Fire Pizza and the visiting children will also have the opportunity to take part in an open skate with the Panthers players and the Jr. Panthers travel hockey team, get autographs and pictures taken, take tours of the Panthers state-of-the-art training facility and more.
The Saveology.com Iceplex is located at 3299 Sportsplex Dr. in Coral Springs.
Fans interested in supporting the Foundation and future events can contact Community Development & Foundation Coordinator Darren Perry at 954.835.7715 or by email at email@example.com, for information.
The next Florida Panthers Foundation event is the Bowling Tournament scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 5 at Strikes in Boca Raton.
The Florida Panthers Foundation has had a busy season thus far with highlights including:
- A charitable suite purchased by Panthers players
- A $400,000 donation to the Broward Health Foundation
- The “Saves For Kids” program with goalies Tomas Vokoun and Scott Clemmensen
- The sold out Florida Panthers Foundation Face Off Luncheon which raised more than $165,000
- The “Sellout For Charity Program”
- President & COO Michael Yormark’s chairmanship of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Light The Night Walk in Broward County which raised over $120,000
- Participation in the Cooperative Feeding Program during Thanksgiving week
- A Thanksgiving feast for underprivileged families from the Boys & Girls Club of Broward County at Pete’s Café Bella Sera
- The Sold Out Foundation Golf Classic which raised more than $40,000
The Foundation’s “Panthers Pledge for Pediatric Cancer”:
- We pledge to donate over $250,000 to individuals and families affected by pediatric cancer.
- We pledge to volunteer staff hours to assist individuals and families affected by
- We pledge to provide unique opportunities and once-in-a-lifetime experiences for individuals and families affected by pediatric cancer.
- We pledge to cultivate relationships and create alliances with community organizations that are focused on supporting individuals and families affected by pediatric cancer.