The University of Florida earned over $2 million in merchandise royalties from January to March. That ranks third nationally behind Texas and Notre Dame, according to a list compiled by the Collegiate Licensing Company. Don't be surprised if the next quarterly report pushes the Gators even higher. It will include sales made after the basketball team's national championship. Royalty checks are split between the university's general fund and the athletic department. All this money got us thinking. What are the Top 10 best ways for the Gators to spend their loot?
10. New fields of study: I've always wanted to major in rock & roll. Can we make this happen?
9. Bribes: The color purple should be banned from collegiate athletics. Let's start with the Southeastern Conference. How much cash would it take to get Louisiana State to alter its color scheme? Not much, probably. Heck, they'd probably do it for a couple recruits and a pint of potato salad.
8. Dance lessons: For Joakim Noah.
7. Free beer on game days
6. New uniforms: Alligator skin. Don't laugh. This would be the coolest thing since Jams.
5. Payoffs: Can you buy bravery? Schedule a home-and-home against Miami. Make this happen no matter the cost.
4. Free beer and ribs on game days!
3. Smarter cops. This has nothing to do with the University of Florida. Just a personal wish.
2. Undercards: Can we get boxing matches or cage fighting before each football game this fall? How about man vs. beast fights to the death?
Didn't make the list: Intramural stock car racing.