26 days until kickoff...and Tim Tebow scored 11 hole-in-ones in one round this morning before his first day of football practice. Reporters contacted the PGA and golf officials decided to rename the ace the 'Tim-Teb.'
FYI: I'LL BE BLOGGING LIVE FROM PRACTICE TODAY IF THE BATTERY IN MY LAPTOP HOLDS OUT; If anyone would like a specific question answered by Coach Meyer or any of the players just leave me a comment and I'll pass it on.
GAINESVILLE -- The No.3-ranked Gators begin football practice today. The first day of fall practice is the day reporters check off names on their rosters to make sure everyone is at practice, especially freshmen. The status of defensive tackle John Brown is still in question. The Lakeland High football coach has said that Brown has qualified. (This was reported in The Lakeland Ledger and the Orlando Sentinel.) But Florida remains mum on the subject.
Five questions to keep an eye on this fall:
1. How many snaps will Jarred Fayson receive at running back? Fayson is one of the most athletic players on the team and coach Urban Meyer said that he plans to use Fayson in the backfield this season. Kestahn Moore is currently first on the depth chart.
2. Will senior Kyle Jackson start at free safety? Jackson started in 2005 but sat the bench in 2006. If Jackson can reestablish himself in the secondary, it would help a unit that needs help.
3. Who will kick? No returning player has attempted a punt or a field goal.
4. Freshmen? It's no secret underclassmen must play several important roles this season. But how many? Keep an eye on these freshmen this spring: DT Torrey Davis, DT John Brown (assuming he qualifies), WR Deonte Thompson and S Major Wright.
5. Will a cornerback please stand up? Cornerback was the Gators' weakest position during the spring game. Either they wanted to make Tim Tebow look great (or Tim Tebow is just that great) or there is plenty of work to be done at the position.