GAINESVILLE -- It appears Billy Donovan wants his young Gators to stay in the kitty pool this upcoming basketball season. Who can blame him, right? It's a smart move. After losing virtually all of his offense last season (three NBA lottery picks, five drafted players and the NCAA record holder for career three-pointers in the NCAA Tournament) Donovan was wise to schedule one of the easiest sets of non-conference basketball games in the country. Here's a link to the basketball schedule. CLICK ME. (Can't wait for Flagler to roll into Gainesville.) In the spirit of all things easy, here's a Top 10 list of things easier than Florida's 2007-08 non-conference basketball schedule.
10. applesauce...as in...The Gators' non-conference schedule is baby food.
9. The Commodores...as in...The Gators' non-conference schedule is easy like Sunday morning.
7. Clap on. Clap off. The Clapper.
6. Ramen noodles...as in...The Gators' non-conference schedule is that lazy roommate who eats nothing but Ramen noodles. Sure, Ramens come seven for a dollar. And, sure, Ramens are plenty easy. But if you eat enough of them, then black rings form around your eyes and your hair falls out.
4. chess match: you vs. President Bush
3. burning gasoline
2. New Orleans...as in...The Big Easy
1. Paris Hilton