First, an update ...
GAINESVILLE -- You know those reporters and columnists who write as if they are infallible and God-like. Well, "that ain't me, kid." Me had a little downtime the last two weeks. Things me did during the downtime.
1. Made a New Year's resolution on Jan. 1.
2. Broke New Year's resolution on Jan. 2.
3. Bought a 2008 day planner.
4. Bought some Heely's.
5. Played Rock Band (karaoke on karacoke-E!) on Playstation 3.
6. Read Killing Yourself To Live by Chuck Klosterman (official infallible and God-like review: this book sucks)
ALWAYS THE NATURAL SOUTHERNER
7. Walked in the woods ... with a gun.
8. Ate some sushi ... but it was fried.
9. You married her?
10. Watched Star Wars (Darth Vader is the original gangsta'; C3PO gets it right at the beginning of the movie when he tells R2D2 "The damage doesn't look so bad from far away.")
2008 College Football and Basketball Predictions ...
1. Patrick Johnson (Pompano Beach Ely) will change his mind again.
2. Nick Calathes is named SEC Freshman of the Year.
3. UF basketball team loses in the first round of the NCAA Tournament
4. So does Miami
5. Final Four: Kansas, Memphis, UCLA, Clemson
6. national champ: Memphis
7. Gators' starting free safety: Jamar Hornsby
8. Let's not stand on ceremony ... Florida 30, Miami 27.
9. Saban loses four games.
10. Georgia wins national title