FIRST, UF-related links in The Miami Herald...All these stories in today's paper. This is why the Herald is the best of the best, folks...
GAME STORY LINK: Chomped in The Swamp
MAIN UF SIDEBAR LINK: Special teams delivers for Gators
MAIN UM SIDEBAR LINK: Hurricanes hang tough with Gators
UF NOTEBOOK: Big recruiting night in Gainesville; SEC commish talks TV
UM NOTEBOOK: UM-UF discuss keeping rivalry alive
Greg Cote's column: What's the difference between UM-UF? One great quarterback
Israel Gutierrez's column: Despite the loss, Miami Hurricanes show promising signs
GAINESVILLE -- Top 5 things to think about after UF 26, UM 3. By me, Joseph Goodman, and the fearless Mike-Mike McCall (Miami Herald correspondent).
5. The defensive line played extremely well. The Canes only rushed for 61 total yards. Miami had 140 total offensive yards.
4. Do people still think Florida's offense is unstoppable? Tebow said the last time the Gators offense had to rely on the defense was his freshman season. And we all know what happened that year.
3. Should Harvin have had more touches or considering his offseason surgery was his limited role appropriate? Meyer said he knew he could do more with Harvin and Meyer says he will. Harvin rushed for 27 yards on five carries and a touchdown and had one catch for 12 yards. He only touched the ball twice in the first half.
2. Urban Meyer is 11-0 at Florida when the Gators' block a punt and 18-2 overall. Florida has blocked 39 kicks since 2001. What's more, Florida blocked eight kicks in 2006 when the Gators won the national title. Saturday was certainly a good start. Jeff Demps block at the end of the first half swung the momentum in the Gators' favor for the rest of the game.
On the blocked punt: “We called (the play) once earlier and they kept screaming at me to run it again because it was wide open,” said Meyer, who cited Demps’ and Chris Rainey’s 100-meter times. They did a great job with that.”
1. Let's hope Carl Moore is not severely injured. Moore left the game with an apparent hip pointer (according to Meyer) after his incredible reception at the end of the third quarter.
“[Moore] is not used to running that route," Florida quarterback Tim Tebow said. "I don’t think it was actually planned for him to be there. I wasn’t really expecting him to be there, so it was a little bit of a miscommunication. I just waited for him to turn so I could throw it.”
-jo- and mike-mike