GAINESVILLE -- OK, I'll be the first wise guy to write what everyone is thinking. Lane Kiffin's wife is ... not going to fit in in Knoxville. [Insert stupid joke about Tennessee hiring Lane Kiffin to replace Phil Fulmer here.]
Seriously, Lane Kiffin. Tennessee forced out one of the SEC's all-time best coaches (who played for the SEC championship last season) for Lane Kiffin. General Neyland ... Phil Fulmer ... Lane "Bleeping" Kiffin!
In case you haven't heard, Kiffin said something really stupid during his introductory press conference: "I'm really looking forward to embracing some of the great traditions at the University of Tennessee. For instance: running through the 'T,' singing "Rocky Top" all night long after we beat Florida next year. It will be a blast.
"That line was Mike's idea, by the way. All right, Urban?"
Seriously, did Lane Kiffin just apologize to Urban Meyer for talking smack during his press conference. Oh, jeez...[sigh].
Top 10 things Urban Meyer thought when he learned Lane Kiffin got the Tennessee job.
10) He married up.
9) My name is Urban and his is Lane. That's a weird analogy, but it works. Urban:Florida as Lane:Tennessee.
8) Would I even hire Lane Kiffin to baby sit my kids?
7) Email Marsalis Teague.
6) Call Bobby Johnson and laugh.
5) Why did Lane Kiffin apologize to me during his first press conference?
4) Who is Lane Kiffin's agent?
3) Call Emmanuel Moody and laugh.
2) Tell Foley to give Billy and Dan more money.
1) Job security.