GAINESVILLE -- Another day, another freshman quits Florida's program. This time its receiver Adrian Coxson of Baltimore, Md. Earlier this week it was Jordan Haden of Fort Washington, Md.
What is it with Maryland football players? Sheesh! According to a school official, Coxson decided he wanted to play closer to home. It happens, I guess. Florida coach Urban Meyer must be killing these guys during fall camp this year. All in the name of "accountability and development!"
Practice has been closed from jump street, so I can only guess the hell Meyer's has put his team through. Consider the evidence:
1. Chris Rainey, who has played at an elite level of football his entire life, suffered from an "accelerated heart rate" during camp and had to undergo a "procedure." He missed about a week.
2. Veteran linebacker Brandon Hicks passed out from heat exhaustion during camp and spent the night in the hospital. Another senior linebacker, Lorenzo Edwards, called the event "scary."
3. Freshman Jordan Haden, a legacy at UF, quit the team because "it wasn't the right fit."
4. Freshman Adrian Coxson, a quarterback and team leader for his high school team, packed up his bags because he became "homesick."
5. Jeff Demps suffered a concussion.
No more prima donnas, I guess.