Ladies and Gentlemen, it's gameday.
I'm late on this week’s 6-pack of picks (sad, cause it’s only Week 1) but here they are:
* Toledo (+23.5) at Florida
* Alabama (-20) vs. Virginia Tech (ATL)
* Georgia (-1.5) at Clemson
* LSU (-4.5) vs. TCU (JERRY WORLD)
* Oklahoma State (-12) vs. Mississippi State
* Florida State (-10) at Pittsburgh
Gators kickoff in just under 30 minutes. I think they’ll win ugly (when don’t they lately) but with so many injuries and suspensions is should be a close game. ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit picked a Toledo upset.
PREGAME NEWS & NOTES
- Defensive tackle Jay-nard Bostwick is not suspended for today’s opener and will play, according to a UAA spokesperson.
- Tailback Matt Jones (illness) warmed up in full pads (as anticipated) but will not play. The sophomore appears certain to play at Miami next weekend.
- Gator Bowl representatives are in attendance. They must love free tickets.
- Suspended linebacker Antonio Morrison, cornerback Loucheiz Purifoy and defensive tackle Darious Cummings were spotted wearing street clothes on the sidelines.
Enjoy the weekend, everybody.
Follow me on Twitter @JesseReSimonton