Good morning, season. College football officially returns tonight, so that means it’s time for some bold -- mostly really, really, really, bold -- predictions.
All of these will be correct. If not, what was that line from Argo again?
Now, in no particular order: The Lucky ’13
* Loucheiz Purifoy catches a ball. Maybe a pass, possibly an interception, but he’ll catch something. (Hopefully not whatever Matt Jones had). Do you realize the All-SEC cornerback has the same number of career interceptions as me? I’M HEADED FOR THE LEAGUE TOO BABY.
* The Gators win no more than 14 games.
* Florida’s rush defense is better than Eastern Michigan’s but worse than Alabama’s.
* A Cerberus named DunRobTon becomes UF’s first 1,000-yard receiver since 2002. YOU CAN SIT DOWN, TAYLOR JACOBS!
* The Gators’ offense averages 375 yards per game, meaning they finish the season somewhere south of No. 80 nationally. Ok, not bold.
* UF loses no more than 12 games.
* The D is silent. UF’s F-E-N-S-E is awesome again, except when it’s not.
* Brad Phillips isn't informed he didn’t win the placekicking job until January.
* Melinda Lou “Wendy” Thomas is the season’s greatest “alumni celebrity” Two Bits impersonator. FROSTY’S FOR EVERYONE.
* Kelvin Taylor becomes buddies with Tank Black’s kid.
* Trey Burton: A 3-time Blutarsky.
* Antonio Morrison talks to his other puppy brother, Uga, on Nov. 2.
* UF scores 40 points in a non-conference game, versus an SEC foe, against AN OPPONENT. Dammit. That is too crazy.
Enjoy the season y’all. It’s here.
Follow me on Twitter @JesseReSimonton