* The last time Florida won in Miami was Sept. 7, 1985 (35-23). Saturday’s game is on Sept. 7.
* The winners of the last five regular season meetings between Florida-Miami have all finished in the top five of the final AP Poll
(Courtesy ESPN Stats & Information)
* Duke Johnson as averaged 9.0 yards per carry in his past four games, totaling 678 yards and six touchdowns.
* Only 12 FBS teams attempted fewer passes than the Gators (22) in college football’s opening weekend, but 11-of-12 won their opener -- New Mexico was the lone loser.
* Also according to ESPN Stats & Information: UF has allowed just two rushes of 50+ yards in the last 10 years -- tops in nation. Meanwhile, Johnson has six 50+ yard gains in 13 career games.
* Against the nation’s top 25 rushing defenses in 2012 -- No. 3 Florida State, No. 11 Notre Dame, No. 21 Kansas State -- Johnson rushed for just 68 yards on 23 carries (2.95 y/c)
* Miami quarterback Stephen Morris threw for a combined 1,415 yards in three games last year (Georgia Tech, NC State, South Florida). Gators quarterback Jeff Driskel threw for 1,646 yards total in 2012.
* Florida allowed 12 first downs to Toledo -- the nation’s No. 32 ranked offense in 2012. Miami surrendered 18 first downs to Florida Atlantic -- the No. 105 offense last season.
* FAU rushed for 133 yards in the opener vs. Miami. Florida allowed 133 rushing yards> just twice in 2012 -- Kentucky, 159; Texas A&M, 134.
* The Gators haven’t lost in September since Tim Tebow’s famous ‘Promise’ speech following an upset defeat to Ole Miss (31-30).
* Miami has allowed just one touchdown -- a Logan Thomas 73-yard run -- in its last three home games (Virginia Tech, South Florida, FAU).
* The Gators have never played the Hurricanes in Sun Life Stadium, but UF is 2-0 all-time at the stadium -- 2002 Orange Bowl (56-23 over Maryland) & 2008 BCS National Championship (24-14 over Oklahoma)
Follow me on Twitter @JesseReSimonton