ORLANDO -- Florida is playing football on New Year’s Day.
Seems right, doesn’t it?
The No. 19 Gators look to end a two-game skid against the No. 14 Michigan Wolverines, hoping to avoid a frustrating finish to a promising season few expected.
Most expect a low-scoring, slobberknocker, so UF’s offense must avoid another no-show.
The Gators are the lone underdog of 10 SEC teams, but hey, even they scored 15 points against Alabama.
WHERE: Citrus Bowl
WHEN: 1 p.m.
LINE: UF +4.5
1. A 2012 Sugar Bowl repeat? Will UF actually show up?
2. Can Florida bottle up Michigan tight end Jake Butt?
3. Will the Gators implement more read-option, designed quarterback runs in what could be Treon Harris’ final game behind center?
* Florida’s punchless attack eclipsed 300 yards just once in the final five games of the season.
* The Wolverines beat the Gators 41-35 in overtime in 2008, the final game of Hall of Fame coach Lloyd Carr’s career.
* The Gators suspended four players for today’s game, but the team’s injury situation is largely unknown.
* UF is 2-3 all-time in the Citrus Bowl.
LINKS - UF vs MICHIGAN
How about one final skinny six-pack to help cure that New Year’s Eve hangover! Still looking for that elusive 5-0 week. 42-22-1 ATS on the season.
Ohio State (-6) vs Notre Dame
Stanford (-4) vs USC
Tennessee vs Northwestern (+10)
Ole Miss (-7) vs Oklahoma State
And finally, Florida (+4.5) vs Michigan. TAKE THE UNDER. TAKE THE UNDER. TAKE THE UNDER. Oh, and grab the points because this game could come down to a safety. Even the two Jim’s joked during Thursday’s luncheon that the first to four points wins.
Enjoy all the New Year’s Day football, y’all.
Follow me on Twitter @JesseReSimonton