« Singer Ann Hampton Callaway values intimacy | Main | Radar Online: No sex for Bachelor Jake Pavelka and Vienna; some say he has 'gay tendencies' »

Gay U.S. citizens seek to claim residency for foreign spouses


A recent immigration reform measure proposed by an Illinois congressman would give gay U.S. citizens the right to claim foreign spouses for green cards.


Juan Carlos Galán and Greg Nardi of Miami Beach live together as a family and would like to get married.

Then Nardi, a U.S. citizen, would claim Galán as a relative and help the Panama-born computer expert get a green card.

For now, though, these are just dreams -- unless President Barack Obama can convince Congress to pass immigration reform.

Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., who last December introduced the first immigration reform bill of the current congressional session, announced in May that he intends to add provisions that would include same-sex couples and their families.

Click here to read the complete article.


TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Gay U.S. citizens seek to claim residency for foreign spouses:


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been posted. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.


Post a comment