BY JONATHAN LEMIRE, ASSOCIATED PRESS
NEW YORK -- Anthony Weiner found himself caught in another sexting scandal Tuesday like the one that destroyed his congressional career, but stood side-to-side with his wife to say that he will remain in the race for mayor of New York City.
"This is entirely behind me," Weiner said at news conference, just hours after he confirmed exchanging a newly disclosed round of sexually explicit photos and text messages with a woman online.
At the news conference, he acknowledged some of the activity took place after he resigned from the House two years ago for the same sort of behavior.
The story broke earlier in the day when the gossip website The Dirty posted the X-rated correspondence and quoted the woman, who was not identified.
Weiner turned the microphone over to his wife, Huma Abedin, who reaffirmed her support for her husband and said the matter is "between us."
"I love him. I have forgiven him. And as we have said from the beginning, we are moving forward," said Abedin, a longtime adviser to former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.