News release from Herb Sosa, president of Unity Coalition:
The Whispering Angels Scholarship & Unity Coalition|Coalicion Unida team up to offer South Florida LGBT Students seeking a College Scholarship for Design and the Arts: Applications now being accepted thru Sept 15, 2013.
August 2013…Miami, Florida- Established in 2007 in memory of her late partner, renowned Interior Designer Anita Priest, the “Whispering Angels” Memorial Scholarship program founded by Sandra Holiday is a legacy program that provides a scholarship for the LGBT community to advance their education in the area of Design and or the Arts.
Unity Coalition|Coalición Unida (UC|CU), the first & only organization for the Latino|Hispanic|LGBTQ Community (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning) - advancing Equality since 2002, is proud to partner with the Whispering Angels Foundation for 2013, and nominated its founder SANDRA HOLIDAY for our Legends Honors, for her years of tireless and unselfish work on behalf of the LGBT, Youth, Design and Arts communities.
Past recipients JOVAN KALA HANNAH, ALBERTO PARRA and others have gone on to study with the help of this foundation generosity.
The Whispering Angels Foundation, under the guidance of Sandra and in memory of Anita, is essential to our community. It allows a young LGBT student who otherwise might not get to go to college, fulfill his/her dreams and go on and make a difference. We are proud to support their work and partner in this important community project. – Herb Sosa, UC|CU president
- You must be a resident of South Florida.
- Completed and signed application
- Recent photo or digital photo in jpg, gif, or bmp format
- Most recent academic transcript to be sent by the school by e-mail or by mail
- At least two and no more than three letters of recommendation (At least one of these must be from an individual familiar with your work in South Florida (no family members)
- A scan of Driver’s License / State Issued ID
- I authorize the Anita Priest Scholarship Committee to review and discuss my grades and other records concerning me that are maintained by my school or submitted by me for consideration. This authorization is being granted to this Committee as it pertains to my being considered for a Scholarship Award.
One applicant will be awarded a $2,500. scholarship for tuition expenses related to Design and the Arts
FOR INFO on the Anita Priest Whispering Angels Foundation and Scholarship Application, visit: www.whisperingangelsfoundation.com