Pembroke Pines Charter softball is at it again. But they weren't the only teams in action Thursday:
- The Pines Charter Jaguars moved to 20 wins and no losses Thursday at the Kissimmee Klassic, winning another pitchers' duel (2-0 over Gulliver Prep). Check the box score here to see how another grind-it-out win played out.
- In non-tournament softball action, Cooper City's Kara Clauss (7-2) pitched a two-hit, 10-strikeout shutout in a 2-0 win against equally strong St. Thomas Aquinas. With these two teams, Pines Charter, Flanagan and a few others, Broward softball looks pretty strong this year.
- American Heritage baseball grabbed third Thursday at Palm Beach County's Gary Carter National Grand Slam Tournament, shutting out Wellington 8-0.
- Speaking of American Heritage, basketball player Kenny Boynton earned a Parade All-American bid for his play during his junior season. Read more here.
- Broward's first lacrosse district champion is...Pine Crest, whose girls' team downed St. Thomas Aquinas 11-8 on Thursday. The Panthers play Park Vista in next Tuesday's first-round play-in game. The boys' state representative will be decided Friday.