This story in today's Herald highlighted a few signings from Archbishop McCarthy (which took place today at the school). Here's an updated list, with a couple of corrections/additions/updates:
- Football: Carlos Gonzalez, Bridgewater (Va.); Billy Scott, Concordia (Wisc.).
- Basketball: Jamar Gopie, Elms (Mass.); Jimmy Nolan, George Mason (walk-on); Mike Savery, Methodist (N.C.).
- Baseball: Alan Avila, Nova Southeastern; Sal Costanzo, Vassar (N.Y.); Chris Turnio, Nova Southeastern.
- Softball: Katie Mansilla, North Carolina St.; Alexa Martinez, Auburn.
- Soccer: Matt Delisle, Stetson; Kelsey Dunning, St. Thomas; Christine Mastandrea, Ave Maria (Fla.).
- Track: Andrew Deleo, Clemson; Alex Hueck, Mars Hill (N.C.); Gus Vazquez Milan, Kansas St.
- Wrestling: Colby Borchetta, Michigan State.
- Also, Armani Appolon (basketball/volleyball) and Jonathan Ramirez (football) still are undecided, according to the school.
Elsewhere in Broward, Cooper City basketball player Cayla Aaron will sign Monday with Fairmont (W.V.) State, a Division-II school that won the West Virginia Intercollegiate Conference's tournament last season and was ranked as high as 10th in D-II. She'll receive a full scholarship.
Congrats to these students, and athletes/parents/coaches/readers -- as always -- are encouraged to keep us posted on any other signing news.
--Patrick Dorsey (e-mail)