Cutler Ridge resident Daryl J. Joyce, a principal of the accounting firm Berenfeld, Spritzer, Shecter & Sheer, has been elected to the board of directors of Coconut Grove Cares, which is a non-profit organization dedicated to building a better community for children and families in West Coconut Grove.
He was the former executive vice president and chief administrative officer of Intelsat Global Service Corporation in Washington, D.C.
The Pankey Institute is a non-profit organization that promotes optimal oral health care through advanced continuing education for dentists.
He most recently served as vice president and market leader of Tenet’s hospitals in Miami-Dade and Broward counties, a position he held since April 2006.
The following individuals have been elected as officers of the non-profit South Florida Technology Alliance for 2008:
- Chip Casanave, chief executive of Data Access Worldwide, as president
- Deborah Vazquez, chief executive of PROTECH, as chairperson
- Larry Steffann, chief executive and founder of Worldwide Venture, as vice president
- Bill McGloin, senior audit manager at KPMG, as treasurer
- Chris Burgio, CPIA at Seitlin Insurance & Advisory Services, as secretary
New members of the board of directors are Hugo Perez, president of Datacorp, and
Mike Wasserman, IT sales consultant at Sherlock Technologies.
The Visitor Industry Council is a non-profit organization established by the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau to promote educational opportunities, training, and workforce skills for African Americans and descendants in the Hospitality Industry in Greater Miami and the Beaches.