Hit tip to The Run 2016 for dubbing Florida Sen. Marco Rubio the "money honey" for the cash he pulled in during the third quarter of fundraising. Total take: more than $2 million (joint fundraising committee, $1.8m $100k from his campaign, plus far more from his PAC, which won't report until year's end). Still the $1.8m from his joint-fundraising account is more than the other possible 2016 federal GOP rivals eying a 2016 bid.
"Suffice it to say we raised over $2million this quarter total and filed the Senate Campaign account with over $2.2 million on hand. The PAC has over $1 million on hand," an adviser said.
The joint fundraising committee doesn't have a lot of cash in it because it's an account designed to channel money into the other two.
The Run's list:
- Rubio: $1.8 million raised
- Paul Ryan: $1.17 million raised, $2.6 million left on hand
- Rand Paul: $1 million raised, $1.25 million left on hand
- Ted Cruz: $800,000 raised, $378,697 left on hand
- Pete King: $234,424 raised, $2.67 million left on hand
Note: Headline changed and blog updated with numbers from Rubio advisers