Some choice morsels:
- I'd like to tell you how vile this deviation from sanity called Funny People really is, but it is one of those rare times when I am at a loss for words.
- The script is as amusing as infanticide, and two and a half hours of any single aspect of it is a torture that is unacceptable even by hopeless 21st-century standards.
- If there is anyone more repulsive than Adam Sandler and Seth Rogen, it is Jason Schwartzman, who also provided a musical score that makes construction-site jackhammers sound like Debussy’s “Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun.”
- In every film, Mr. Sandler looks more retarded, but never mind.
- Enter Leslie Mann, Mr. Apatow’s spouse, who has appeared in both of the director’s other moronic films, The 40-Year-Old Virgin and Knocked Up—a terrible actress who speaks through her sinus cavities and sounds like she has a speech impediment.