The school officials came out against the video. They claimed they had no idea this was going to be the case.
"I approved the magazine," O'Leary told a Sentinel reporter after practice ended Saturday. "The guy called my office and basically wanted to know if they could do a magazine shoot. There was a UCF girl who had her MBA and all that. And the only thing I asked is, 'Is that a magazine that is distributed on campus?' And they said, 'Yes.' They've done I think four, since I've been here at least four, initial copies of football [previews] opening up the football season."
O'Leary said he was shown a copy of the magazine cover.
"Eh, it's not what I expected, but I don't think there's anything outlandish on the thing. I never saw the video."
In a statement e-mailed to the Orlando Sentinel on Saturday, Joe Hornstein, associate director of athletics, apologized to UCF fans.
"An employee without proper authorization allowed access to our football locker room. By the time the video of the shoot was brought to our attention, it had already made its rounds via the internet," Hornstein's statement said.
"Let me make this clear, UCF does not condone the photos and the video. We have spoken to the employee in question and we will speak to our entire staff to make sure that this does not happen again. To any fans who were offended by this, we sincerely apologize."
I say, do whatever you think you need to do, to get guys to play football.
Even Hugh Hefner would tell you that it was, "tastefully done."
Jorge Sedano Show weekdays 6am-10am on 790 The Ticket
Follow me on Twitter @SedanoShow