As more people become serious about starting their own business or growing an existing enterprise, SCORE Miami-Dade continues to expand its services and reach to provide accessible, low-cost resources to entrepreneurs.
Starting April 2, 2013, SCORE launches its five-part workshop series called “Simple Steps” which is designed to guide aspiring entrepreneurs through the basics of building a business. The workshop includes the creation of a financial and marketing plan as well as an estimate of the funding needed to get started.
The workshop series kicks off with a FREE first session, led by Marjorie Weber, chair of Score Miami-Dade. Weber spent her career in financial services; working with institutional lenders and entrepreneurs seeking capital to develop and grow their businesses.
“More than having a killer idea, the success of a small business is based on how prepared an entrepreneur is to take a product or service to market,” said Weber. “Miami Dade SCORE’s mission is to provide essential tools such as free mentoring, low-cost educational workshops and to lend support and other resources to small business owners and entrepreneurs to foster long-term growth and financial success.”
The “Simple Steps” workshop series will be hosted at the Shake-a-Leg Foundation located at 2620 South Bayshore Drive in Coconut Grove, Florida. The first session, “Start up Basics”, is free. Sessions two through five, designed to be taken as a group, are priced as a package for $100 total. Each workshop runs from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. and parking is free with validation. Register here: http://miamidade.score.org/
The “Simple Steps” workshops include:
- April 2, 2013-Session 1: Start up Basics -- A no-nonsense look at the requirements of starting a business
- April 9, 2013-Session 2: Business Concept Development -- Key concepts involved with creating a business plan
- April 16, 2013-Session 3: Marketing -- How to market your product or service
- April 23, 2013-Session 4: Creating Financial Forecasts and Reports -- Understanding business financials and how they work.
- April 30, 2013-Session 5: Funding your Business -- Source of capital, financial statements and financial management