Here is a sampling of local GEW events next week:
* The Carrie P. Meek Entrepreneurial Education Center on MiamiDadeCollege’s North Campus is hosting the National Association of Community College Entrepreneurship (NACCE) Summit Series Conference on Monday, Nov. 18. for a daylong event titled “Growing the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem.” Speakers include Gary Schoeniger, co-author of “Who Owns the Ice House?” There are also panel discussions on creating, supporting and sustaining young entrepreneurs and crowdfunding. To register, visit http://www.nacce.com/events/ or contact the MeekEntrepreneurialEducationCenter at 305-237-1903.
* FIU's Pino Global Entrepreneurship Center will be hosting a “Women Entrepreneurs Panel: Secrets to their Business Success” on Tuesday, Nov. 19, at 6 p.m. in the Special Events Room of the College of Business on the main campus. Panelists include: Misha Kuryla-Gomez of Misha Cupcakes; Lourdes Balepogi of Chispa Marketing; Felecia Hatcher of Feverish Pops; Johanna Salazer, social entrepreneur; and Monique Hamaty-Simmonds of Tortuga Rum Cakes. Info: entrepreneurship.fiu.edu
The University of Miami Launch Pad has planned a number of events, including:
* "Keeping it in the Family,” a panel discussion on family businesses and preparing for the next generation to take the reins, Tuesday, Nov. 19, 6-9 p.m.
* 2013 Elevator Pitch Competition finals, Wednesday, Nov. 20, 6:30-9 p.m.
* "Women in Growth Investing and High Growth Entrepreneurship,” a panel discussion featuring Adrianna Ma (General Atlantic), Lisa Skeete Tatum (formerly Cardinal Partners) and Stephanie Tilenius (Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers) and Melissa Krinzman (Venture Architects), Thursday, Nov. 21, 4:30-6 p.m.
* "Bridging the Gap Between Engineers and Entrepreneurs: A Discussion” with John Ciancutti, director of Engineering at Facebook, Thursday, Nov. 21, 6:30-8:30 p.m. This event is in partnership with Refresh Miami.
* "Innovation In Content Creation for Global Media,” a workshop presented by Marlon Quintero, CIC Media, Friday, Nov. 22, 9 a.m.-noon.
For more information on all of Launch Pad’s events, including locations, go to www.thelaunchpad.org/GEW
Posted Nov. 15, 2013