It’s not just the arts calendar that heats up in the fall. Here are few startup and tech conferences and major events to put on your calendar — save the dates.
- FinTech: Fintech Americas bridges the divide between banks and disruptive startups, Oct. 22- 23, Miami Dade College Wolfson Campus. Tickets and more info: fintechamericas.co
- Emerging Technologies and Business Showcase: This all-day business matchmaker event includes a pitch competition with $150,000 in prizes, investor panel, luncheon and networking opportunities, Nov. 4, Hyatt Regency, Coral Gables. For tickets to the event and how to apply to present: https://www.facebook.com/EDCofSouthFla.
- Miami Make Week: A 10-day celebration of creative co-working and maker spaces in the Greater Miami area kicks off Nov. 6 with educational workshops, networking opportunities and other public events, ending with a design and prototyping competition. More info: miamimakeweek.com.
- The TigerDirect Tech Bash: The free expo and party returns on Nov. 6 for an evening of innovation, emerging technology, interactive entertainment and shopping opportunities. Now in its fourth year, the free TigerDirect Tech Bash will take place at Miami Marlins Stadium. Get your ticket here: tigertechbash.com
- Sime MIA: The conference that has explored technology trends by bringing in speakers from Singularity University, Hollywood and the Oslo Freedom Forum is returning to Miami Beach for a third year Dec. 1-2 with an expanded format focusing on big data and fintech. Buy tickets and get info here: simemia.co.
- ITPalooza: Now in its fourth year, the conference on Dec. 3 at Nova Southeastern University in Davie brings together the entire South Florida IT community from CIOs through Tech User Groups to top local, national and international presenters and guests. Buy tickets and get more info here.