« Headlines from a busy, busy day in soccer | Main | Zinho: Don't know if team will be back in '10 »

Exclusive: Zinho's job is safe

Miami FC President Aaron Davidson told the team in a heated, closed-door meeting Thursday that although the 9-0 loss to Carolina was unacceptable, Zinho will remain as coach, Total Futbol has learned.

Davidson told TF that he places a high priority on continuity, and wants Zinho in charge for at least the last six games of the season.

A promising Blues season has been derailed by the current seven-game losing streak, although Davidson did lot place all of the blame for the swoon at Zinho's feet. Davidson acknowledges that Zinho was dealt a bad hand with the way the season began. The Blues didn't even know if they would field a team this season until just weeks before the opener, leaving team brass little time to assemble a team.

There is also a sense within the organization that the club may have played a little over its head at times, including the two-game winning streak it had to start the season.

TF also hears that there was a players-only meeting Thursday to address the team's performance over the last month.

Likely attending that meeting: Gale Agbossoumonde, who has just another two weeks with the club before leaving for Egypt for the U-20 World Cup.

U.S. Soccer announced its 21-man roster for the event Friday, and it included the defender Agbossoumonde, who is just 17 years old.

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d83451b26169e20120a52ac398970b

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Exclusive: Zinho's job is safe:

Comments