The storm may be upon us, but plenty of the folks who scurry to put our press releases are sending them our way. Some updates:
- For real-time traffic updates in foul weather, dial 511. That reminder comes from the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), which operates the free service in weather fair and nasty. It offers updates on Florida's interstates and the Florida Turnpike.
- Miami's Vizcaya Gardens is closed, reopens on Wednesday.
- Miami Art Museum (MAM) is closed Tuesday, reopens Wednesday.
- In Fort Myers, the Ford & Edison Winter Estates closed early today (Monday) and will be closed Tuesday. For Wednesday opening hours, call 239-334-7419 on Wednesday.
- In Panama City Beach, the Grand Lagoon Nationa fishing tournament is still set for this week, but with some schedule changes due to current weather forecasts. Fishing days will take place Thurs. Aug. 21 - Sun. Aug. 24, as originally scheduled. Pre-event festivities, originally slated for Wed. Aug. 20, have been moved to Thurs., Aug. 21 following reports on Tropical Storm Fay.