Even the Main Mouse must be having a rough time. Disney Resorts in Orlando are offering some of the steepest discounts we've ever seen. For the price of a four-night package in one of Disney's Value Resorts (those would be the motel-like All-Star resorts), you get seven nights.
- Book by Dec. 20
- Travel between Jan 4-April 4 or April 19-June 27
- Get seven nights in a standard room for a family of four, plus four seven-day theme park tickets (two adult, one junior, one child)
- Total cost: $1,271
- Travel between Jan. 1 and March 29 and get a $200 Disney gift card
- Limited availability (but you knew that)
If you're a Florida resident, seven days may be more time than you're up for. For us, there are a host of other options, including:
- $54 rate at select Disney Value Resorts for visits Jan. 1-15 and Jan. 19-Feb. 12, plus discounted rates at other Disney resorts
- Play 4 Days pass (4 parks, 4 days, one park per day) for $160 plus tax
Don't like those deals? Don't give up. A number of non-Disney resorts (including some that are on Disney property, so you still get free transportation) are offering deals. Those include:
- Book by Nov. 15 and travel by Dec. 19 to get an $80 rate at Westgate Lakes Universal or $123 per night at the very cool Nickodeon Family Suites; book through Expedia
- The newly renovated Regal Sun Resort is offering 30 percent off it's regular rates; it is on Disney property close to Downtown Disney but isn't owned by Disney
- Pay for four nights and get the fifth night free at the Orlando World Center Marriott through May 3
There are plenty more deals out there; you only need to hunt around. It's worth checking out the official tourism website, which offers many more values.
PHOTO: Alan Solomon / Chicago Tribune