It's over at the OB. I'm up here in Dallas for the Southlake Carroll-Northwestern game here at Gerald Ford Stadium on the campus of SMU. I didn't watch the game, but was listening and following online.
Here's my glass half-full take:
- At least the Canes aren't Notre Dame. The Fighting Irish are getting blitzed 31-0 by Michigan.
- Aside from one big play by FIU when Spencer Adkins got beat by the fullback for a 60-yard score, the Canes secondary played much better. FIU had three yards passing and has been picked twice.
- The Canes put up over 400 yards offense -- just not enough points against this team.
- Kyle Wright and Darnell Jenkins are getting on the same page frequently. That's good news.
Here's my glass half-empty take on the game
- The Canes offense still looks inept. Wright had 61 yards passing, 1 INT in the first half. Then, he threw another pick and fumbled. But from what I've read from play by play, it seems like he's still holding onto the ball too long. At least he's connected downfield for a few big plays -- including an 80-yard touchdown pass to Lance Leggett.
- Penalties. Too many. 11 for 78 at last count.
Feed me your take Canes fans. Reminder. Andre Fernandez and I will be live blogging here on the High Schools Sports Blog once this game gets underway.