Checking in before tipoff where the Canes are about to take on FIU. I'll be here to bring you updates and thoughts throughout the game. Feel free to throw me some questions if you like.
- Jack McClinton is back in the starting lineup for the Canes alongside Brian Asbury, James Dews, Jimmy Graham and Anthony King. The Canes are sporting those nice new black uniforms for this game.
- Talk about a way to start. Canes come out and score 12 straight behind back-to-back threes by McClinton and Dews, a pair of free throws by Graham, an Asbury jumper and a Graham lay-in off a beautiful pass from King. This could get real ugly.
- Alex Galindo finally gets FIU on the on the board with a three-point basket with 15:30 to go in the half.
- Edwin Rios left the game with 11:27 to play after appearing to injure his right leg. His right quadriceps appears to be wrapped up with idea. The Canes have been having trouble protecting the ball tonight. There have been six turnovers so far.
- Rios checks back in after a timeout with 6:46 left.
- Here's an impressive stat in this one. Second chance points: UM 13, FIU 0. Miami outrebounded FIU at the break 21-14. Dwayne Collins and James Dews go in with a team-high 8 points each. McClinton and Asbury each had 6 points each.
- The Hurricanes start the second half with a 5-0 run. Have to say I've been impressed by the hsutle on the boards again for the Canes. FIU has some size. Yet, still, the Canes are beating them to many loose balls and boards.
- Miami now has its biggest lead of the game at 54-29. Collins has 12 points and seven boards and Dews has 12 points on 5 of 7 shooting. Miami has 28 points in the paint.
- Canes finished this one sloppy with lots of turnovers at the end. But we did get to see a reverse dunk from Lance Hurdle on an alley-oop at the end. It just didn't count.