Good morning all!
Susan here on campus. It's the first day of fall classes and Randy Shannon started practice at 6:45 a.m. Sun just rose and they're off and running.
Some quick hits:
*Wide receiver LaRon Byrd (left knee covered by elasticized support) was back at practice. He seemed to run well in an early drill.
* Right tackle Joel Figueroa was initially doing some agility drills with the line, but didn't see him with that group when we walked off Greentree Field. Maybe he's just doing individual conditioning -- don't know. Jermaine Johnson was still playing first-team tackle in the part of practice we see.
* Safety Ray-Ray Armstrong was at first team.
* Defensive end Andrew Smith was at first team.
* Brandon Harris sure looks the part of All-American. He knocked the ball out of Aldarius Johnson's hands as Johnson was about to make the catch.
* Travis Benjamin has some sort of white tape on his right knee, but it's probably absolutely nothing. Just an observation. Several of the guys wear protective coverings, etc.
* In the beginning of camp, wide receiver Davon Johnson was on crutches, his right leg bandaged up to the knee. Today he stood on the sideline with no crutches, no bandage. Don't think he's practicing, though.
* UM said Latwan Anderson is, indeed, on campus. He just wasn't at football. Has to get all his stuff in order. He's on a track scholarship, so track comes first.
SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN