« Key for QB recruit will be relationship with Fisch | Main | Former Cane Hurlie Brown joins UM staff »

Canes' D. Jones breaks hand, out indefinitely

The Miami Hurricanes just got a little thinner at small forward.

DeQuan Jones Junior swingman DeQuan Jones has been ruled out indefinitely after breaking his right hand during Saturday's 72-71 win over Boston College on Saturday. Jones (6-7, 219) has started in eight games and played in all 17 games for the Hurricanes (12-5, 1-2) this season, averaging 5.2 points and 2.5 rebounds.

Jones came to UM as a 5-star recruit according to Rivals and Scout.com, but hasn't lived up to the lofty expectations, starting 31 games and averaging 4.4 points and 2.1 rebounds over his career.

The Hurricanes host Florida State (13-5, 3-1 ACC) at 9 p.m. at BankUnited Center. The game is being televised on SunSports. The Seminoles have won eight of the last nine meetings and lead the country in field goal percentage defense. 

Comments

Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

BASKETBALL?!?!?!

sorry Manny.

If you call yourselfa fan/supporter of The U, then you support the entire institution.

Lived in Miami all my life. Now in my thirties my eyes have opened on how LOUD ignorant people can be.

Take the fans of Miami teams. Likely 90% of us are passionate, respectful & knowledgeable fans.

Then... there are the 10% who wants the other 90% to know how idiotic they are by being so ignorant, brash, high school like & plain stupid. The 10% is so LOUD & irritating they've made me have far more disdain toward them than the opponents of my team.

I cannot wait until Adrian Thomas graduates. He is so bad. His numbers are respectable because in meaningless situations he will go 4/4 from 3, but on the road, or at home in meaningful stretches he is one 50ft clank after another. But that's Haith's offense for ya.

Time to make a change in basketball too.

Its been time to get rid of Haith. He sucks year in and year out. For the love of god if U want people to get excited about basketball get rid of Haith. Too much talent wasted under him. He is Shannon in a suit.

UM is f*cked anyway in the ACC.

They should only recruit players that could potentially become tight ends.

JHemsley43 - you're forgetting something else about Thomas - he cannot play defense. Sure, he'll score 8 points, but he'll give up 20, commit 4-5 fouls, miss rebounds leading to second chance points, and rotate late on every three point attempt.

I'm not a Haith hater, but Thomas continuing playing is pathetic.

I don't know if any of you were at the game, but the place was quiet until the last couple of possessions. The fans here are freaking pathetic. Sad - Malcolm Grant tried to wave the crowd into it, and nobody got up - this was at the end of the game.

If Haith continues to play Adrian Thomas during crunch time, I'll join the rest of you in wanting him fired - just beware - this program has no following, no juice and the recruits can't visit during the season because the fans don't go.

The reason John Wall didn't come to the U wasn't because of Haith - it was because of the lackluster support for the team.

HOLCOTT: When are we going to get "relevant" in basketball? I think we're 1-4 in ACC?
CANE 4 LIFE

Seeing as how Grooms has decided to take a visit to Virginia Tech, lets see how many people can hold off from saying he is a sellout and not keeping his word. I'd go on 5 straight trips if they let me.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wall went to Kentucky because they have a coach that wins and would be in the spotlight.

The reason John Wall didn't come to the U wasn't because of Haith - it was because of the lackluster support for the team.

Posted by: Qinkilla | January 20, 2011 at 08:11 AM

Ummm...that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Wall didn't come to Miami because he went to f-ing Kentucky to play for John Calipari, period. Because of lackluster support for the team. WTF?

The comments to this entry are closed.