Good morning, it's National Signing Day. Here is what's on tap:
> I will be on the move starting at 6 a.m. -- driving up and down Miami-Dade and Broward County -- to visit schools and talk to Canes recruits until coach Al Golden discusses his signing class in Coral Gables at around 4 p.m. Throughout the day, you can follow me and all updates regarding the Canes commitments on my Twitter page. The plan is to post as much content -- video, audio, stories -- as possible here and The Herald's website throughout the day. Be sure to check out our Recruiting page for stories. We've already contacted sports writers around the country to be on the scene when players considering UM make their announcements throughout the day (check the schedule below).
> Associate AD for Communications Chris Freet and his staff will announce on Hurricanesports' Twitter page when those signed Letters of Intent have officially arrived through the schools' fax machine.
> For those of you who want to hear from UM's coach, Al Golden's press conference will be carried live on Hurricanesports.com at 4 p.m. You can also see Golden and his assistants talk about those recruits after they their sign National Letters of Intent throughout the day on UM's site. Golden is also supposed to join ESPNU and CBSCollegeSports for interviews some time in the afternoon.
> Our Larry Blustein will host an interactive live blog starting at 9 a.m. on The Miami Herald's high school page. Blustein, who also hosts a radio show on WQAM, will be on the radio throughout the day providing analysis and thoughts.
So what else will this day bring?
Anthony Chickillo said there would be surprises. We'll see. One won't be Palm Beach Dwyer quarterback Jacoby Brissett. He's waiting to make his announcement on Friday night at halftime of his basketball game.
Here's a list of UM's 15 commitments heading into Wednesday (only Northeast defensive end BJ Dubose was thought to be considering switching out on the Canes for Louisville or Syracuse).
COMMITMENTS (Check Twitter updates for when they actually sign)
> Dalton Botts, Moorpark CC (Calif.), P, 6-3, 200 VIDEO LINK
> Anthony Chickillo, Tampa Alonso, DE, 6-4, 235 VIDEO LINK
> Dallas Crawford, South Fort Myers, CB, 5-10, 185 VIDEO LINK
> Phillip Dorsett, St. Thomas Aquinas, WR, 5-10, 170 VIDEO LINK
> Bryant Dubose, Northeast, DE, 6-4, 240 VIDEO LINK
> Taylor Gadbois, Dallas East Paulding (Ga.), OT, 6-8, 295
> Matt Goudis, West Hills Chaminade (Calif.), K, 6-0, 165 VIDEO LINK
> Kevin Grooms, South Broward High, RB/CB, 5-10, 165 VIDEO LINK
> Antonio Kinard, Hargrave Military Academy (Va.), LB, 6-4, 215 VIDEO LINK
> Gionni Paul, Lakeland Kathleen, LB, 6-0, 227 VIDEO LINK
> Denzel Perryman, Coral Gables, LB, 5-11, 217 VIDEO LINK
> Rashawn Scott, Melbourne Central Catholic, WR, 6-2, 198 VIDEO LINK
> Ricardo Williams, Homestead, DE, 6-5, 210 VIDEO LINK
PLAYERS TO WATCH ON SIGNING DAY
OL Kaleb Johnson, Jacksonville Ed White, 6-5, 280
- Set to announce at 9 a.m. Rated 47th best offensive guard in the country by Scout.com. Met with UM offensive line coach Art Kehoe on Tuesday and hit it off. Other schools that remain in the picture are North Carolina, Louisville, Rutgers and Iowa State. MY PREDICTION: Hurricane.
DT Elkino Watson, Miami Booker T. Washington, 6-2, 265 VIDEO LINK
- Set to announce at 9 a.m. Rated 23rd best DT by Rivals.com; 97th best DT by Scout.com. Has UF, USF and Louisville in the mix. MY PREDICTION: Not a Cane, but will probably stay in-state.
CB/WR Dominique Terrell, Osbourne (Va.), 5-10, 165 VIDEO LINK
- Supposed to announce at 11:30 a.m. Finished as his area’s leading rusher (272 att., 2,077 yards, 30 touchdowns) and leading scorer (192 points) and second-leading passer with 1,430 yards and 15 touchdown passes. Will decide between UM, West Virginia and Virginia. MY PREDICTION: He's a Hurricane. Golden's relationship with his family, knowing older brother pays off.
DT Lonnie Gosha, Lake Butler Union County, 6-2, 260
- Set to announce at 12:15 p.m. ESPN Top 150 player committed to Arkansas but visited UM and liked it a lot. Former FSU commitment, Rivals.com ranks him as the nation's 169th-overall prospect. PREDICTION: Arkansas. But wouldn't be surprised if he also chose the Canes.
DT Jalen Grimble, Las Vegas Bishop Gorman, 6-3, 255
- Set to announce at 5 p.m. EST. Considered 7th best DT in country by Scout.com. A long-time USC commitment, he will decide between the Canes and UCLA. Cousin, Xavier Grimble, signed with USC last year. Family grew close to Brennan Carroll and Jethro Franklin. PREDICTION: Hurricane. This is the guy I believe Chickillo was talking about when he said a surprise was in store.
WR Devin Lucien, Encino Crespi (Calif.), 6-1, 189 VIDEO LINK
- Set to announce at 6 p.m. EST. Rated 44th best WR in country by Scout.com. As a senior, Lucien caught 71 passes for 1,259 yards and 17 touchdowns. Will choose from Arizona State, Colorado, Miami, UCLA and Utah. MY PREDICTION: Not a Cane. He's staying out West.
WR Patrick Onwuasor, Inglewood (Calif.), 6-2, 190 VIDEO LINK
- Set to announce at 6 p.m. EST. Rated 56th best safety in country by Scout.com. Caught 37 passes for 745 yards and 7 touchdowns as a senior and had 46 tackles and 6 interceptions from his safety spot. Will choose between Miami, Arizona, Arizona State, Washington and Hawaii. MY PREDICTION: Not a Cane. Will end up somewhere in Arizona.