So you've been watching TV cooking shows and perusing websites all year, and you're gearing up to try one of their fancy dishes for Christmas or Hanukkah. But you realize those chefs didn't mention what wines go well with their masterpieces.
I've got you covered. Happy holidays!
Martha Stewart's mini-Asian crab cakes with wasabi www.marthastewart.com
• 2005 J. Lohr White Riesling, Monterey County: off-dry; white peaches; crisp and fruity; $12.
Daisy Martinez's Cuban black bean soup www.daisycooks.com
• 2007 Martin Codax Albariño, Rias Baixas: ripe pears and melons; rich and creamy; $15.
Lidia Bastianich's jumbo shrimp Buzara style www.lidiasitaly.com
• 2006 Placido Pinot Grigio delle Venezie, IGT: light, lively, crisp; $10.
Giada de Laurentiis' Gorgonzola Porcini Risotto www.foodnetwork.com
• 2003 Rutz Cellars Pinot Noir, Sonoma Cuvée: cinnamon and tart cherries,
Beverly Lynne Bennett's Moroccan vegetable stew www.veganchef.com
• 2007 Murphy-Goode ‘‘The Fumé'' Sauvignon Blanc, Alexander Valley: rich, ripe and complex, with tropical fruit; tart finish; $12.
Martha Stewart's roast goose with wild rice www.marthastewart.com
• 2004 Sartoni di Varona Amarone delle Valpolicella: dark cherries and dark chocolate; $34.
Three Guys From Miami's lechon asado (icuban.com).
• 2003 Marquis de Riscal Reserva Rioja, Spain: tart plums and cinnamon; $17.
Paul Prudhomme's turducken (chicken inside a duck inside a turkey; www.chefpaul.com
• 2006 Columbia Crest ‘‘Two Vines'' Gewürztraminer, Columbia Valley, Washington: crisp, lightly sweet lychee flavors; $8.
Christopher Kimball's roast beef loin with mushroom-onion stuffing www.cooksillustrated.com
• 2005 Antinori Tignanello, Tuscany IGT: mulberries and mocha; ripe, powerful, smooth; $90.
Linda Gassenheimer's kosher brisket with latkes www.dinnerinminutes.com
• 2003 Barons Edmond & Benjamin de Rothschild Haut Medoc Bordeaux (kosher): cassis and black coffee aromas and flavors; $31.
Rachael Ray's turkey and stuffing meatloaf www.rachaelrayshow.com
• 2006 Black Swan Shiraz, Australia: soft, ripe, black plum flavors; $11.
Ming Tsai's Tahitian vanilla crème brûlée www.mingspantry.com
• 2006 Mission Hills Five Vineyards Riesling Ice Wine, VQA British
Columbia: very sweet, soft; candied orange peel; $20 per one-quarter bottle.
Sandy Moyers' dark Christmas fruit cake www.bellaonline.com
• 2006 M. Chapoutier Banyuls dessert wine (red grenache): red raspberry and chocolate flavors; moderately sweet; $30.