Looking for part-time work to help with expenses? I picked up some great ideas to pass on from a segment on The Today Show this morning. Keep in mind that the number of people looking for part-time or seasonal work this holiday season is up more than 120 percent from last year. Better get out there now.
Unfortunately, stores are hiring fewer seasons employees. But TODAY’s Jenna Wolfe gave some ideas for finding work that went beyond your standard job behind the perfume counter at Macy's.
A few places to look that you might not have thought about:
* Gyms. They begin hiring now (particularly recruiters) because right around the New Year people tend to join.
* Inventory services companies. Businesses look to year-end to count their inventory.
* Tax preparation companies. Many start the hiring process in December.
Also, Ilyse Shapiro, founder of MyPartTimePro.com has these suggestions heading into the first quarter of the New Year:
* Consider universities seeking adjunct Spring semester instructors
* Educational firms looking for college test prep counselors
Are you looking for part-time work? Do you have any suggestions for others?