« You too can be a cops reporter! | Main | Paris »

Not the meat he wanted to grill

GrillA Miami-Dade man suffered severe burns when the propane tank to his BBQ grill exploded on him Thursday.

Instinctively, he jumped into his backyard swimming pool for relief from the burns, rescue officials said. Paramedics flew him to Ryder Trauma Center for treatment.

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue offers these tips to stay safe around grills:

  • Never use a grill that is not working properly
  • Keep the grill at least 10 feet away from the house or other structures
  • Keep children away from the grill, and never leave it unattended
  • Never use gas or kerosene to light a charcoal fire
  • Do not pour lighter fluid on hot charcoal
  • Never light a grill on a balcony

(Photo is not of the actual incident.)

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
https://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d83451b26169e200df3521f7ef8834

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Not the meat he wanted to grill:

Comments

Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

The comments to this entry are closed.

-
 
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Copyright | About The Miami Herald | Advertise