« They're For Sneaking | Main | The Return Of E-Mail Phishing! »

Early Money for First-time Homeowners

Amanda Bar

I just received in the mail yesterday prepared 1040X & 5405 tax forms in reference to amending my previously filed taxes.  This is exciting because, as a first-time homeowner, I’ll be able to receive the much talked about $8000 tax “gift” from the government’s Housing Stimulus Bill even earlier than expected – according to friends, this process can take as little as two weeks once I send in the updated form.  If you are also a first-time homeowner with some home renovations in mind, like myself, and you really don't want to wait until filing next years taxes, you might also want to consider amending your taxes.  I used my father’s accountant to expedite the process, and all that was required was a copied Proof of Purchase for my home (basically, the first few pages of my homebuyer’s contract).  Keep in mind that the stimulus deal is good for anyone who has purchased a home after January 1, 2009, and the cut-off date is December 1, 2009.

Posted by Amanda Conwell at 04:18 PM on September 26, 2009 in Housing | Permalink | Facebook | Digg | del.icio.us | AIM


The comments to this entry are closed.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Copyright | About The Miami Herald | Advertise