Five Florida-based women-owned businesses -- two from South Florida -- made the top 50 fastest-growing women-owned/led companies in 2013. The national list is co-sponsored by the Women Presidents’ Organization, a national nonprofit with 110 chapters located internationally, and American Express OPEN, the small business division of American Express.
* Boca Raton-based True Green Enterprises, Inc., a treeless paper company owned by Terry Lehmann is #20. Terry saw her 6-year old local company gross revenue grow from $1,073,000 to $7,831,000 in just two years.
* Casselberry-based Avant Healthcare Professionals, a global provider of international healthcare professionals is owned by Shari Sandifer and ranked #24. Shari saw her 10-year old local company gross revenue grow from $13,237,514 to $21,509,836 in just two years. In addition, Shari hired 99 additional employees during that time.
* Fort Myers-based Florida's Finest Industries, Inc., a general contracting firm owned by Annalisa Xioutas is #33. Annalisa saw her 14-year old local company gross revenue grow from $2,206,315 to $5,199,408 in just two years. Annalisa hired 11 additional employees during that time.
* Cape Canaveral-based Craig Technologies, a mission-critical systems company owned by Carol Craig is #37. Craig saw her company gross revenue grow from $20,000,000 to $32,500,000 in just two years. Carol hired 104 additional employees during that time.
* Boca Raton-based Exam Coordinators Network, a medical evaluation services company owned by Barbara Levine is #38. Barbara saw her 14-year old local company gross revenue grow from $6,700,000 to $12,800,000 in just two years. Barbara hired 52 additional employees during that time.
Each business was ranked according to a sales growth formula that combines percentage and absolute growth. The Top 50 generated a combined $3.2 billion in 2012 revenues and collectively employed 24,000 people in 2012.