InternetCoast collects and compiles relearch and statistics about Florida's tech industry employment, venture capital, SBIR grants and STEM education, among other topics on icoast.com. It recently released a “Facts about South Florida’s High Tech Industry” Report as well as a “Facts about Florida’s High Tech Workforce” Report. The South Florida report includes an analysis of STEM occupation employment and high tech industry employment during the period 2008 – 2014.
Report highlights include:
- · Approximately 86,600 people were employed in STEM occupations in 2014, accounting for 3.4 percent of all jobs in South Florida.
- · Miami-Dade County companies employed the most STEM workers in 2014 (34,000)
- · 3.9 percent of Palm Beach County workers were employed in STEM occupations in 2014
- · 9,466 South Florida high-tech industry business locations employed 77,807 tech and non-tech employees in 2014
- · Non-STEM occupations and non-high tech industry employment is growing at a faster pace than STEM occupation and high tech industry employment
A summary of the South Florida and statewide reports are available at the InternetCoast “Florida Innovation Highlights” web portal at http://www.icoast.com/main/florida-innovation-highlights/